Fear is the thread that connects the stuck-addiction© that infects the global body politic.
The displaced, dislocated partisan system that has come to dominate the policy landscape of the first world culture is no longer fit for purpose. Individual men and women who are whipped against their conscience after an attempt at honest debate is descriptive of an insane system that has brought the very fabric of our species to the point of destruction.
Is there a way forward?
Today, despite the party rules and given I do not want to be an activist or stand for election, I have joined all three main governing parties of the UK Parliament. It was not easy overcoming my mental programming. The action came from my heart not my head. What I am sharing with you is my inner debrief, my new found freedom and re-engagement with the Constitution of my land.
If five million people were to do likewise, even if only temporarily, there would be a freeing of Parliament from the insidious funding sickness of the merely affiliated, the super-rich, the international corporate sponsorship of the national party apparatus, and the frenzy of the lobby system.
This is what I have found arising in my inner world:
* A sudden and surprising sense of union and freedom – I am not divided and ruled
* A sense of reconnection with a party political system that has been redeployed
* A sense that the politicians are now arguing for me not against me to find the best way forward
* A sense that local politicians can now convince me of their policies for my local needs and that I can vote for the best local person without hypocrisy because I own the process
* A sense that I have become in myself the change that I want to see in the world
* A sense that I am licensing politicians like I license the BBC, to serve people with sane political programmes that attract them enough that they want to engage with them.
The leaders are frightened, that’s why they’re so prone to telling lies, they need our help. Their fear is toxic and they are so separated from their atrophied consciences that they do not see that they operate in a sickness that twists them around what they think that they have and might lose, mangled with what they think that they want and might be prevented from getting. All the while the Parliament takes a collective oath to a Theocracy that is only served in the instrument of a personal conscience that is fed with prayer and intuition – hence the broken mess that their words are in. They are not to blame, they need our help.
I know that there will be many more beneficial inner consequences.
The outer changes after the inner changes.
All this for 26p per day and if the parties expel me, I shall simply find the way to donate the equivalent annual fee to them all in subsequent donations anyway, to stay free.
PS. Since the writing of this entry, I have let two of my memberships lapse and retain my Labour Party membership. I still feel free as a consequence of the above experiment and still feel also that if people change themselves in their inner constitution first, then outer politics will eventually follow. AJ Dettman 3/11/2015.
PPS. I no longer hold a membership in any political party. I am a Union member who has opted out of the political levy. AJ Dettman September 2016.